Heavy metal played on bagpipes may sound weird to you at first, but truthfully, they couldn't be more sympatico. Given that bagpipes give off that old world flair, and there are many subgenres of metal that take their influence directly from folklore or cultural references, it would seem that the bagpipes and heavy metal—or Iron Maiden, at the very least—are two peas in a pod
TikTok user Ally the Piper has proved this theory correct with her rendition of the English metal titans "Hallowed Be Thy Name" on what may be Europe and Asia's greatest gift to the world. See how nuanced she riffs on the pipe as if she were in front of thousands of screaming fans, horns up and frantic, grand saluting in fashion. I tell ya, it's a site for the ages—even Maiden approved, sharing the video on their own TikTok account. You can check this modern marvel out just below.
By the way, if Ally the Piper is your jam, then you should really check out Algar the Bard, too, and his rendition of Ghost's "Mary on A Cross." And, as always, a friendly reminder that if you love these covers and stylistic remakes from musicians across the internet, below are a few of our favorites, if you'd like to check them out!
- Rush's "YYZ" Played On An Upright Bass Is Fascinating
- What If Napalm Death Wrote System of a Down's "Sugar"?
- What If Alice In Chains Wrote The Backstreet Boys "I Want It That Way"?
- What If Opeth Wrote Metallica's "Enter Sandman"?
- What If Electric Wizard Wrote Black Sabbath's "Paranoid"?
- What if High On Fire wrote Metallica's "Battery"?
- What if Sleep wrote Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love"?
- What if Kyuss wrote "The Pretender" By Foo Fighters?
- What if System Of A Down wrote "Barbie Girl"?
- What if Alice In Chains sounded like System Of A Down?
- What if Black Sabbath's "Iron Man" was a Sleep song?
- What if Sunn O))) write Toto's "Africa"?