YouTuber Steve Welsh really knows how to wear a look well. He has stylistically chosen to stay in the the 90s by choice, regardless what fashions have come and gone in the last 30 years, Father Time be damned. He's got the nose ring, the scruff, and he don't give a fuck.
Steve has done some interesting things with grunge rock online, such as a video of Nirvana's Nevermind as done by 12 different bands, including "In Bloom" in the style of Iron Maiden, "Polly" as done by Ozzy Osbourne, and "Stay Away" in the style of Pantera (which I gotta admit is fuckin' dope.).
But Steve appears to be a realist, as his latest video would indicate: "What if Alice In Chains wrote the 90s pop boy band Backstreet Boys' hit "I Want It That Way"? It signals that Welsh has closely studied what I like to call The "Other" Nineties: Britney and Christina, the Macarena, and Hypercolor t-shirts (look it up).
Steve's a very brave man. Braver than me, that's for sure. Check out Steve Welsh doing his boy band-grunge thing just above, and check out his collection further on YouTube today. And don't forget, if you're into these stylistic remakes from musicians across the internet, below are a few of our favorites, if you'd like to check them out!
- What If Opeth Wrote Metallica's "Enter Sandman"?
- What If Electric Wizard Wrote Black Sabbath's "Paranoid"?
- What if High On Fire wrote Metallica's "Battery"?
- What if Sleep wrote Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love"?
- What if Kyuss wrote "The Pretender" By Foo Fighters?
- What if System Of A Down wrote "Barbie Girl"?
- What if Alice In Chains sounded like System Of A Down?
- What if Black Sabbath's "Iron Man" was a Sleep song?
- What if Sunn O))) write Toto's "Africa"?