I really can't ask this question enough, so I'll say it again: have you folks checked out Moonic Productions, yet? Moonic, of course, is the one-man performance machine that has brought us such awesome videos as AC/DC's classic "Back In Black" being given the Pantera treatment, One Guy, 20 Bands (Metal Rendition), and "What if Electric Wizard covered Black Sabbath's "Paranoid." The guy has a well of covers he's posted, and he always comes up with some interesting musical collision for him to turn into magical metal madness. To that point, he's back again with another mind-bender: System of A Down's "Sugar" done in the style of Napalm Death. You can check it out just above, and as you can imagine, it's very fast.
Now, to tell you the God's honest truth, if somebody said to me, "Hey, check out this sick ass death metal track" and played me this, I'd definitely take a listen and think, "Hell yeah, that's boss!" There's just something about the urgency of "Sugar" as a tune, System vocalist Serj Tankian's intermittent growls, and the extra room for riffery that makes this cover work in every way possible. Like I said, check out more Moonic today! The dude slays!
By the way, if you're into these stylistic remakes from musicians across the internet, below are a few of our favorites, if you'd like to check them out!
- What If Opeth Wrote Metallica's "Enter Sandman"?
- What If Electric Wizard Wrote Black Sabbath's "Paranoid"?
- What if High On Fire wrote Metallica's "Battery"?
- What if Sleep wrote Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love"?
- What if Kyuss wrote "The Pretender" By Foo Fighters?
- What if System Of A Down wrote "Barbie Girl"?
- What if Alice In Chains sounded like System Of A Down?
- What if Black Sabbath's "Iron Man" was a Sleep song?
- What if Sunn O))) write Toto's "Africa"?