Fear Factory has announced they're releasing a remix album titled Recoded on October 28. The album is all remixed songs from their 2020 record Aggression Continuum and is the band's first remix album since 1997's Remanufacture. A first single is expected on September 2 and the record runs as follows:
- "Adapt Or Die" (Intro Narrative By Jake Stern, Sound FX By Zardonic)
- "Hatred Will Prevail" ("Monolith" Remix By Rhys Fulber)
- "Disobey" ("Disruptor" Remix By Zardonic)
- "I Am the Nightrider" ("Fuel Injected Suicide Machine" Remix By Dualized/Zardonic)
- "Path to Salvation" ("Purity" Remix By Rhys Fulber)
- "Worthless" ("End of Line" Remix By Zardonic)
- "Empires Fall" ("Collapse" Remix By Tyrant Of Death)
- "System Assassin" ("Aggression Continuum" Remix By Rhys Fulber)
- "Hypocrisy Of Faith" ("Manufactured Hope" Remix By Rob GEE)
- "This Is My Life" ("Cognitive Dissonance" Remix By Zardonic)
- "Recoded" ("Recode" Remix By Blush_Response)
Vinyl bonus tracks:
- "Turbo Factory" ("End Of Line" Remix by Turboslash)
- "Break Off" ("Disruptor" Remix by Rhys Fulber)
Fear Factory is also set to release a reissue of their 2012 album The Industrialist featuring current Fear Factory drummer Mike Heller replacing all the original album's programmed drums, as well as bonus tracks including original album closer "Enhanced Reality." As for who the band's new vocalist is, guitarist Dino Cazares recently explained the situation. The original plan was to release a new song featuring the vocalist prior to Fear Factory's tour with Static-X, but that tour was unfortunately postponed.
"[They're saying] 'What's up? You were gonna announce a new singer? What happened?' What I was gonna do is announce the new singer just before the Static-X tour that was supposed to happen right now. So I was gonna announce it, I was gonna release a track just before the tour, just to get some hype for the tour [and] introduce the person. But the tour got postponed, and I went on tour with Soulfly and then all this other stuff.
"The thing is if I announce his name right now, everybody's gonna attack — boom! They haven't even heard him yet, and they're gonna attack him. So I wanna do where I release a track. Everybody's, like, 'Release a track right now.' Well, there's planning involved. I don't wanna put a song out just to put it out and nothing behind it. So, in other words, what I'm trying to say is what most fans don't understand is you wanna create hype for something.
"In other words, just before a tour, I would release a song with the new singer, and people would get excited — boom! — you've got something to tour on. It would hopefully help generate more ticket sales, generate more interest for the band, blah blah blah blah. But if I release a track now, there's nothing behind it and it's just whatever. That's what most fans don't understand — there's planning and there's timing involved. So I'm withholding who this person is till the time is right… So that's my thing that I'm saying to everybody right now, is that."