You may know him as Khal Drogo, or perhaps as the upcoming Aquaman – but you can officially refer to actor Jason Momoa as a metalhead.
Metal Injection photographer Steve Thrasher was at Metallica's Hollywood Bowl show this past Sunday, which happened right after their GRAMMYs performance, and spotted Jason on the red carpet, with his Hit The Lights shirt giving his best metal horns.
Momoa is not shy about giving shout outs to metal he enjoys. In 2011, while promoting his Conan movie, he talked about how he would listen to metal in the gym to get pumped up:
“There’s a song by Pantera called ‘Walk’ that is definitely the ‘Conan song’. A lot of old Metallica and Rage Against The Machine always helps.”
Pretty awesome, right? Now who the hell is the guy next to him. Update: A reader points out that's Blaine Halvorson, who is the owner of MadeWorn clothing, which specialize in creating handcrafted vintage tees – the company that likely designed the shirt Jason is wearing.
View our entire Metallica Hollywood Palladium gallery here.
More Celebrity Metalheads:
- Chris Hemsworth, aka THOR, Is A Metalhead
- Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie's Son, Maddox, Is Definitely A Metalhead
- Jim Carrey Dons Corpse Paint, Gets On Stage With ALICE COOPER To Sing Classics
- Why Is Johnny Depp Hanging Out With Members of KORN?
- The Walking Dead's Norman Reedus Loves SLAYER, Jams With ANTHRAX
- Actress Margot Robbie Professes Her Love for METALLICA, SLIPKNOT, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE
- Yes, That Was Mr. Belding Introducing FEAR FACTORY At Their NYC Show
- The Mountain From Game Of ThronesListens To Metal When He Lifts