Move over dad metal. Comedian Brian Posehn is about to introduce the world to Grandpa Metal, and he's got one hell of a guest list to back him up.
- Brendon Small (Dethklok)
- Scott Ian & Jonathan Donais (Anthrax)
- Corey Taylor (Slipknot, Stone Sour)
- Gary Holt (ex-Slayer, Exodus)
- Jeff Pilson (Dokken, Foreigner)
- Alex Skolnick & Chuck Billy (Testament)
- Al Yankovic
- Pearl Aday
- Johan Hegg (Amon Amarth)
- Joe Trohman & Patrick Stump (Fall Out Boy, The Damned Things)
- Michael Starr (Steel Panther)
- Jacob Bunton (Mars Electric)
- Rob & Aiden Cavestany (Death Angel)
- Steve "Zetro" Souza (Exodus)
- Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)
- Phil Demmel (ex-Machine Head)
- Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal (Guns N' Roses, Asia)
- Jill Janus (ex-Huntress [R.I.P.])
Here's what Posehn had to say about the album.
"The original concept for this album came from bands like Scatterbrain and S.O.D., and even Cheech and Chong. They all made music that was fun and funny, heavy music that also made you laugh. I wanted this to be the ultimate comedy/metal record, a loving record that made fun of some of the things in heavy metal, so I called all my friends and asked for a bunch of favors. There's a Satan song, and there's a Viking song, there's one song that sounds like black metal, and then there's one that sounds like a Van Halen party song. The intention was just to make a funny metal/comedy record for people who like both of those things."
Check out Posehn's cover of a-ha's "Take On Me," which just proves that heavy metal makes everything better.