Open Metalcast Episode #86: Cult of the New
The term "Cult of the New" is a term used in the boardgame circles to (sometimes derogatorily) refer to people who are constantly in search of the latest releases at the expense of ignoring some of the older releases. This show is about putting on the brakes for a bit and slowing down to re-listen to some of the bands that we've featured on the podcast before such as Rase, Neverside, Panic.0, Inordem, Nuestros Derechos, Overlord, Les Chants de Nihil, Anthemon, Spawn from Deceit and Rezistor. And we welcome back Amity in Fame who recently released their stellar sophmore album "Through" under a Creative Commons License. So enjoy another spin of these amazing tracks and be sure to find a spot in your library for these albums. Because if you haven't heard them before they're still new to you. Shownotes follow:
- (00:09) Operation enduring freedom by Raze from Man vs machine (BY)
- (04:03) The Black and the Crude by Neverside from This Is Our Gun (BY-NC-SA)
- (07:55) Panic by Panic.0 from Panic (BY-NC-ND)
- (12:29) Intacto by INORDEM from La Miseria de Dios (BY-NC-SA)
- (17:36) Schizophrenia by Nuestros Derechos from Adrift (BY-NC-ND)
- (21:19) The Undead Cantata by Overlord from The Undead Cantata (BY-NC-ND)
- (24:32) 06 Les Chants de Nihil – Dissidence Decadente by Les Chants de Nihil from Siore Immelstorn Records – Black Metal Compilation Volume 1 (BY-NC-ND)
- (32:12) Print Of The Sand Glass by ANTHEMON from Kadavreski  (BY-NC-SA)
- (41:09) Squat The World by Spawn From Deceit from Woven Promises – Unraveled Victims (BY-NC-SA)
- (42:41) De Partea Mea by Rezistor from Beware the Silent (BY-NC-ND)
- (48:03) The Kraken by Amity in Fame from Through (BY-NC-SA)
Please support the bands in this show! Buy a T-Shirt, head to the shows, but whatever you do make sure you don't forget it mid sentence. Whatever you can do to help these bands keep making music, please do it!
If you have any suggestions for Creative Commons licensed metal, send me a link at email@example.com.