One of the best parts of doing a podcast about Creative Commons Metal Music is I'm only answerable to you, the fans. I don't have to try to fit my show into pre-constrained time limits, and I don't have to fit the songs around commercials. And because it isn't over the air I don't have to make ham-fisted attempts at bleeping things out that might offend sensitive ears. It's just you and me sharing music the way music should be shared; among people who care about the music and the bands who make it. This episode features a brand-new EP from show-favorites Wildernessking, (who apparently don't rest in South Africa ;) ). We also have new music from Reliever, Reluctant Mortem, The Sad Bastard Book Club, Totem Skin, WendigoPsychosis, and Pyramidal. And the Open Metalcast Vaults found a neglected track from Dead in Montana. So do your part and download this episode to see how far you can push your limits. And do your friends a favor and share with them as well. Shownotes after the break:
- (00:10) So Be It by Reliever from Exile (BY)
- (05:00) Winter of the parasite by Dead in Montana from Goliat & Dead In Montana (BY-NC-ND)
- (07:11) Hidden In A Barrel by Reluctant Mortem from The Allure Of A Dying Soul (BY-NC-ND)
- (14:41) Birth by Wildernessking from Levitate (BY-NC-ND)
- (19:27) Entropy Hits on the Seventh by The Sad Bastard Book Club from And the Sirens Sang of a Time When There Were No Foghorns (BY-NC-SA)
- (26:30) Always Ire by Totem Skin from Weltschmerz (BY-NC)
- (31:07) Zum Fressen gern by WendigoPsychosis from Herzblut (BY-NC-ND)
- (37:48) Motormind by Pyramidal from Jams From the Sun (Pyramidal & Domo Split LP) (BY-NC-ND)
Please support the bands in this show! Buy a T-Shirt, buy an album, head to the shows, or set up a fan website dedicated to them. Whatever you can do to help these bands keep making music, please do it!
Also check out the other great podcasts at Metal Injection, and be sure to listen to all of the great shows (including Open Metalcast) streaming 24/7 at Metalinjection.FM.
If you have any suggestions for Creative Commons licensed metal, send me a link at firstname.lastname@example.org.