Open Metalcast Episode #116: Larks Returning
Some sad news to report with this episode. Apparently the album "Larks" is the last "Returning We Hear the Larks" album for the foreseeable future. But "Larks" is an excellent album comprising of re-recorded versions of popular songs spanning the career of Returning We Hear the Larks. Hopefully it won't be the last we hear of this amazing band. And while we end this episode on a bit of a downer we have 45 minutes of ear-punishing Creative Commons Metal starting with a brutal track from Austin Deathrip, Alexander Oden, Manakel, Polygons, Fallen to Flux, and TORT. Add to that a brand new EP from Deep Space Destructors and you have a broad swath of metal music to check out and support. Shownotes after the break:
- (00:10) Antisignum by AUSTIN DEATHTRIP from None (BY-NC)
- (03:49) Primal Shadow by Alexander Oden from The Culmination (BY-NC-ND)
- (08:10) Impostor by Manakel from Oscuridad (BY-NC-ND)
- (11:34) Apeirogon I: Singularity by Polygons from Apeirogon (BY-NC-SA)
- (15:57) Relapse by Fallen to Flux from From the Outside, Looking In (BY-ND)
- (20:40) Cry of the Damned by TORT from II (BY-NC-ND)
- (27:47) Journey To The Space Mountain by Deep Space Destructors from Spring Break From Space EP (BY-NC-ND)
- (37:51) Prologue: Stheno; Slain by Hand of Gods by Returning We Hear the Larks from Larks (BY-SA)
Please support the bands in this show! Buy a T-Shirt, buy an album, head to the shows, or buy their cross-stitch patterns on Etsy. Whatever you can do to help these bands keep making music, please do it!
Also check out the other great podcasts at Metal Injection, and be sure to listen to all of the great shows (including Open Metalcast) streaming 24/7 at Metalinjection.FM.
If you have any suggestions for Creative Commons licensed metal, send me a link at email@example.com.