Here at Open Metalcast Headquarters we're well in the throes of the six more weeks of winter some fucking rodent predicted. Much like watery tarts distributing swords is no basis for a system of government, determining the length of winter based on rodent vision is… huh? What do you mean Groundhog Day was two weeks ago? And we're already well past Twelfth Night, Valentine's day, and Presidents Day too? Hell, before you know it we'll be cursing at egg-and-chocolate-shitting bunnies. But what's always timeless is the great metal we have for you this episode, including the long-awaited new album from Lords of the Trident, as well as the latest from Satyrasis, Kolony, Encircle, Norilsk, and Unholy Quest. We also have music from Psygnosis, and a EP that was released earlier this year by Black Autumn. It's the perfect mix of Creative Commons metal that you won't want to let slip away. Shownotes after the break:
- (00:11) Waltz for a Marionette by Satyrasis from …Of The Dead (BY-NC-SA)
- (08:28) Sledge That Shit by Kolony from Sledge (BY-SA)
- (12:39) Abysswalker by Encircle from Lost Chronicles (BY-NC-SA)
- (16:49) Knights of Dragon's Deep by Lords of the Trident from Frostburn (BY-NC)
- (21:25) Planète heurt by Norilsk from The Idea of North (BY-NC)
- (28:58) Rise Of The Gods by Unholy Quest from The Dark Queen (BY-NC-ND)
- (32:50) The Judgement by Psygnosis from Sublimation (BY)
- (43:55) Rauhnacht by Black Autumn from Rauhnacht EP (BY-NC-SA)
Please support the bands in this show! Buy a T-Shirt, buy an album, head to the shows, or schedule their tour to hit shows in warmer climates. Whatever you can do to help these bands keep making music, please do it!
Also check out the other great podcasts at Metal Injection, and be sure to listen to all of the great shows (including Open Metalcast) streaming 24/7 at Metalinjection.FM.
If you have any suggestions for Creative Commons licensed metal, send me a link at [email protected].