What an awful week. The Black Dahlia Murder vocalist Trevor Strnad suddenly passed away at 41 years old. Tributes have been pouring in non-stop as the world reels, from lists to heartfelt memories of the modern metal legend (some funny and some truly grateful), even to a petition for the GRAMMYs to include him in their In Memoriam segment. Elsewhere through the week, we saw Will Smith express his opinion about Ozzfest and James Hetfield naming the guitarists that influenced him.
Before we move on to the top stories, we want to once again express our deepest sympathies to Strnad's friends and family.
- THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER Vocalist TREVOR STRNAD Has Died
- WILL SMITH Calls OZZFEST "The Least African-American Event" Outside Olympic Curling
- BODY COUNT Guitarist ERNIE C. Shares His Top Seven Albums Of All Time
- METALLICA's JAMES HETFIELD Names The Two Guitarists That Influenced Him
- ROB ZOMBIE's The Munsters Is Gonna Be Long
- CHILDREN OF BODOM's Remaining Members Explain The Band's End, Failed Final Album & Farewell Tour
- 10 Depressing Albums That Will Blow Your Mind
- This Rap Cover Of SLAYER's "Raining Blood" Is A Far Cry From The Original
- MASTODON's Bass Solo On "Teardrinker" Originally Started As A Joke
- DAVE MUSTAINE Calls Out Aggressive Security Guard During MEGADETH Show