Faith No More are releasing a new album in April of 2015. Bassist Billy Gould confirmed the news to RollingStone today. The band will record in their Oakland rehearsal space, produced by bassist Billy Gould and release the album on their own imprint, Reclamation Records, which will be distributed by frontman Mike Patton's Ipecac Recordings.
The band also promises a proper U.S. tour in conjunction with the album release. Their first official single, "Motherfucker," which they've already played live, will be released as a 7" on Record Store Day, November 28th.
RollingStone has an in-depth interview with Gould and here are the facts Gould gives us in said interview:
- They're pretty far along in the album process.
- There is no album title yet.
- They've been working on the album for a year and a half.
- As for the sound: "There's going to be a lot of space and scope — big, big sound-stage space — but I also think there's gonna be a lot of those things that we already have. All I can say is what we're doing just feels right."
- We will have new Faith No More in April of 2015.
This is super exciting news for us. Are you excited? Are you even into Faith No More or are they before your time? Chime in in the comments.