On June 24, Magna Carta will release An All-Star Tribute to Rush, an epic collection of Rush tributes from some of the most dynamic singers and players in rock: Sebastian Bach, Steve Morse, James LaBrie, Stu Hamm, Andreas Kisser, Jani Lane, Alex Skolnick, Kip Winger, Fates Warning, Billy Sheehan, Mike Portnoy, Jack Russell, John Petrucci, Jake E. Lee, George Lynch plus many more all make appearances.
You can view the track listing below:
- "Working Man" – Sebastian Bach & Jake E. Lee
- "By-Tor And The Snow Dog" – James LaBrie & John Petrucci
- "Analog Kid" – Sebastian Bach & John Petrucci
- "The Trees" – Mike Baker & Brendt Allman
- "La Villa Strangiato" – Steve Morse
- "Mission" – Eric Martin
- "Anthem" – Mark Slaughter & George Lynch
- "Jacob's Ladder" – Sebastian Bach & John Petrucci
- "Closer To The Heart" – Fates Warning
- "Natural Science" – Devin Townsend
- "YYZ" – James Murphy
- "Red Barchetta" – James LaBrie
- "Freewill" – Gregoor van der Loo
- "Tom Sawyer" – Alex Skolnick Trio
- "Distant Early Warning" – Randy Jackson
- "Lakeside Park" – Sebastian Bach
- "Limelight" – Kip Winger
- "Subdivisions" – Randy Jackson
- "Different Strings" – Robert Berry
- "Tom Sawyer" – Sebastian Bach
- "Bastille Day" – Jani Lane & Alex Skolnick
- "A Farewell To Kings" – Randy Jackson
- "Spirit Of The Radio" – Kip Winger
- "2112 Overture / Temples Of Syrinx" – Jani Lane & Vinnie Moore
- "New World Man" – Robert Berry
- "Fly By Night" – Sal Marrano
- "Force Ten" – Robert Berry
Rush drummer Neil Peart died in January 2020 in Santa Monica, California after a three-year battle with an aggressive form of brain cancer. He was 67 years old. Peart joined the band in 1974—which already featured vocalist/bassist Geddy Lee and guitarist Alex Lifeson—and quickly became the group's primary lyricist in addition to his prolific prowess behind the kit. Rush's final show took place at the Forum in Los Angeles on August 1, 2015, and Lee and Lifeson have not performed as Rush since Peart's death.
Rush put out what would be their final album Clockwork Angels in 2012, and definitively ended as a band with the death of drummer Neil Peart in 2020. Though guitarist Alex Lifeson said in a recent interview that he's not opposed to making new music with his Rush bandmate Geddy Lee.
"We're not putting any pressure on it or anything. We had a lot of good years together and we still love each other very much. I talk to Geddy every other day – we're best friends. There's more to our life together than just writing music. So if it happens, it happens. And it'll happen when it happens."