Rumored New SLIPKNOT Drummer Slammed By Previous Band
So we're not saying that former Against Me! and Madball drummer Jay Weinberg is definitely the new Slipknot drummer, but it's looking more and more like that's the case. Former bandmate of Weinberg's and currently Against Me! frontwoman Laura Jane Grace took to Twitter yesterday to slam Weinberg, as seen in the tweet below.
Dear Slipknot, good luck with that. #shitbag
— Laura Jane Grace (@LauraJaneGrace) September 18, 2014
If I remember correctly, Weinberg played in Against Me! from 2010 to 2012 and then just sort of left the band without really saying much. Grace then went on a bit of a tirade against Weinberg, citing all the things she alleges he did wrong during his time in the band. These include, and are according to her Twitter account…
- We once had a drummer who sprained his ankle and wanted our tour manager to call 911 and have an ambulance come for him
- When our tour manager said no the drummers Daddy called him and scolded him saying the drummer was a "star" and needed to be treated as such
- We once had a drummer who would go behind our back and tell house light people to focus all stage lights on him.
- We once had a drummer who threatened to sue us after he quit via twitter
- We once had a drummer who told me to move aside on stage cause the audience couldn't see enough of him
Grace then tweeted that "none of that ever happened" and went back to her usual posting about whatever she normally posts about. It'll be really interesting to see if Weinberg says anything in response to Grace considering he's "not in the band," but we'll see. So as of right now the Against Me! guitarist and singer has officially outed Weinberg as the drummer, like we've suspected this entire damn time. At least we know it's not currently Lamb of God drummer Chris Adler, right?
[via Metal Insider]