Nine Inch Nails is one of the many artists to be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame this year. Originally only Trent Reznor was set to be inducted, but now the hall has revealed the band will be inducted as six members. They are:
- Keyboardist Atticus Ross (2016–present)
- Guitarist Robin Finck (1994–2000, 2008–present)
- Keyboardist Alessandro Cortini (2004–2008, 2013–present)
- Drummer Ilan Rubin (2009–present)
- Keyboardist Chris Vrenna (1988–1990, 1992–1997)
- Bassist Danny Lohner (1993–2003)
Nine Inch Nails has had far more members than are being inducted, so it would be interesting to hear what the hall's rationale is for this particular lineup.
This year’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame event has officially been cancelled and replaced with a TV special. The special will air on HBO and will be available to stream on HBO Max come November 7 at 8pm ET/PT. This year’s inductees will be Nine Inch Nails, The Doobie Brothers, Depeche Mode, The Notorious B.I.G., T. Rex, and Whitney Houston.
Some fans noticed that former NIN collaborator Richard Patrick posted this image to Instagram shortly after the news broke, leading fans to believe he was frustrated with the announcement. Make your own decision.