New security footage has surfaced showing Iced Earth guitarist Jon Schaffer storming the Capitol building and getting into a shoving match with Capitol police trying to stop the insurrection.
Schaffer is currently being held at Marion County Jail in Indiana. Schaffer is scheduled to be extradited to Washington, D.C.. Schaffer was arrested in Hamilton County, charged for his role in the Capitol insurrection on January 6. Schaffer turned himself into authorities on January 17th. WISH-TV reports U.S. government officials not to grant Schaffer bail.
Schaffer has previously identified as “a constitutional conservative.”
The FBI has charged Schaffer with six different charges, one of which accuses him of spraying Capitol police with bear spray, a more potent form of pepper spray. Schaffer is not guaranteed bail, and must prove that he is not a threat to himself or the public to be granted so. Schaffer is dealing with the following charges:
- Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority
- Disrupting the Orderly Conduct of Government Business
- Knowingly Engaging in an Act of Physical Violence Against any Person or Property in any Restricted Building or Grounds
- Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building
- Engaging in an Act of Physical Violence in a Capitol Building
- Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building
Schaffer was wearing an Oath Keepers hat during the raid as is believed to be a member of the group. The Indiana chapter of the Oath Keepers distanced themselves from Schaffer, without directly naming him, saying he was never a member of their chapter.
Here is the footage, at the 1:13 mark: