Primus has announced a collaboration with Jack White's Third Man Records for the 53rd installment of the label's widely acclaimed Vault Series. The collaboration is titled The Revenant Juke: A Collection of Fables and Farce and will be available exclusively through Third Man via enrollment in their subscription plan. In order to enroll in time to receive the Primus set, an open sign up period has been announced starting today through July 31. You can sign up now by clicking the prior link.
The box set features six 7" records highlighting singles throughout Primus' career and artwork done by Adam Gates, a long-time associate of Primus who has collaborated with them on many artistic endeavors and one of the current creative directors at Pixar Animation Studios. According to the listing, the whole box is housed in a "slick, telescoping box and with the discs pressed on ducky yellow, bitter lime, fermented orange, soft purple, bruised peach and generic turquoise, the entire package is a fitting testament to one of the few truly great bands from the era that is still making relevant music and captivating fans as strongly as it has from the beginning." The set runs as follows:
- "John The Fisherman" b/w "Too Many Puppies" (on soft purple vinyl)
- "Jerry Was A Race Car Driver" b/w "Tommy The Cat" (on bitter lime vinyl)
- "My Name Is Mud" b/w "Mr. Krinkle" (on fermented orange vinyl)
- "Wynona's Big Brown Beaver" b/w "Southbound Pachyderm" (on bruised peach vinyl)
- "Shake Hands With Beef" b/w "Over The Falls" (on ducky yellow vinyl)
- "The Antipop" b/w "Coattails Of A Dead Man" (on generic turquoise vinyl)
Last month we were saddened to report that Primus were forced to cancel their upcoming European tour due to "unavoidable logistical challenges."
"We are very sorry to announce that due to unavoidable logistical challenges, Primus has cancelled the upcoming European tour dates scheduled for the Fall of 2022," the band wrote. "We apologize to our fans who were planning to attend and look forward to performing in Europe again soon. Ticket refunds will be available at the original point of purchase."