After years of waiting, Bill & Ted Face The Music is finally coming on August 28. While that's exciting all by itself, the movie has just announced its accompanying soundtrack and things have somehow gotten even better! The soundtrack features contributions from Lamb of God, Mastodon, and Animals as Leaders alongside bands like Weezer.
The Animals As Leaders inclusion is particularly interesting because they are credited on a Wyld Stallions track, the fictional band led by the titular characters in the film. How cool is that?! Animals As Leaders writing Wyld Stallions tracks!
The soundtrack runs as follows:
- Big Black Delta – Lost In Time
- Alec Wigdahl – Big Red Balloon
- Weezer – Beginning Of The End (Wyld Stallyns Edit)
- Cold War Kids – Story Of Our Lives
- Mastodon – Rufus Lives
- Big Black Delta – Circuits Of Time
- POORSTACY – Darkest Night
- Lamb Of God – The Death Of Us
- FIDLAR – Breaker
- Culture Wars – Leave Me Alone
- Blame My Youth – Right Where You Belong
- Wyld Stallions – Face The Music (feat. Animals As Leaders and Christian Scott aTunde Adjuah)
- Wyld Stallions – That Which Binds Us Through Time: The Chemical, Physical And Biological Nature of Love; an Exploration of The Meaning of Meaning, Part 1
While you're waiting, definitely check out a featurette on the movie below and read our previous Bill & Ted coverage here.
Here's the synopsis of Bill & Ted: Face the Music, should you have missed it. Some production stills can be seen here.
The stakes are higher than ever for the time-traveling exploits of William "Bill" S. Preston Esq. and Theodore "Ted" Logan. Yet to fulfill their rock and roll destiny, the now middle aged best friends set out on a new adventure when a visitor from the future warns them that only their song can save life as we know it. Along the way, they will be helped by their daughters, a new batch of historical figures, and a few music legends – to seek the song that will set their world right and bring harmony in the universe.
Bill & Ted Face the Music is directed by Dean Parisot (Galaxy Quest), from a screenplay by Chris Matheson and Ed Solomon (Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey) – and produced by Scott Kroopf, Alex Lebovici, and Steve Ponce.