Demon Hunter will release their acoustic album Songs of Death and Resurrection on March 5, which features new renditions of old songs plus a new one called "Praise the Void". In celebration, the band will live stream a full performance of the album, from start to finish, on November 20. Tickets for the live stream are available here.
"The Demon Hunter ballad has been a defining aspect of our band since our very first album," said vocalist Ryan Clark. "My brother and I knew that if we wanted the freedom to pursue more somber, more melodic moments of creativity, we had to set that precedent from the beginning. What we didn’t realize then was just how important these songs would become to both the band and our fans.
"The concept of an acoustic record is something we’ve been considering—and encouraged to pursue by fans—for many years. After ten studio albums, and a tour cycle that included a full acoustic set, it felt like the right time to actualize this idea. What we didn’t want to do is something we had done before. Though we’ve played many of these songs in acoustic fashion over the years, we’ve never done so with such a level of care and attention. We hope that comes across in these recordings."
The track list for the album is as follows:
1. My Throat is an Open Grave (Resurrected)
2. Dead Flowers (Resurrected)
3. The Heart of a Graveyard (Resurrected)
4. Praise the Void (Resurrected)
5. Blood in the Tears (Resurrected)
6. Loneliness (Resurrected)
7. I Will Fail You (Resurrected)
8. I Am a Stone (Resurrected)
9. Deteriorate (Resurrected)
10. Carry Me Down (Resurrected)
11. The Tide Began to Rise (Resurrected)
12. My Heartstrings Come Undone (Resurrected)
The artwork for Songs of Death and Resurrection is by Eliran Kantor.