Metallica will host their San Francisco Takeover shows between December 16 and 18 at various venues throughout the city. The San Francisco Takeover will feature:
- Taipei Houston, the new band featuring Myles and Layne Ulrich
- Ottto, featuring Tye Trujillo
- The Wedding Band, featuring Kirk Hammett and Robert Trujillo alongside Whitfield Crane (Ugly Kid Joe) and Doc Coyle (Bad Wolves, ex-God Forbid)
- White Reaper
- Goodnight, Texas
- Kamasi Washington
- DJ Dials
"We're just one short month away from celebrating 40 years together, and we can't wait to welcome fans from around the world to our hometown!" said the band. "When we first told you about the two shows at Chase Center on December 17 and 19, we also promised a full weekend of Metallica family vibes with curated live music, Blackened Whiskey tastings, and other events starting the night before the first show. Well… we're back with all the details!
"The festivities get started early with our friends White Reaper, who graciously appeared on the recent Metallica Blacklist album, playing at August Hall on Thursday, December 16. Other 'Blacklist' artists Goodnight, Texas and Kamasi Washington will also be hitting the stage around town during the weekend at various venues, or you can check out the Ottto, Taipei Houston, and Bastardane show… a few of the musicians on stage may look somewhat familiar!
"Of course, the Blackened Whiskey team will be everywhere with welcome and pre-show parties, specialty cocktails, and drink specials. There's a film-fest rolling some of our concert movies on the big screen and an opportunity to see some of the finest Metallica tribute bands. Photographer extraordinaire Ross Halfin will be busy all weekend signing books, doing a Q&A with our own Steffan Chirazi, and hosting a gallery show.
"Tickets go on sale this Friday, November 19 at 10 AM PST. Already set to attend the two Metallica shows and want to make sure you get in the door at every other official, ticketed, Metallica event in San Francisco that weekend? A very limited number of 'Takeover the 40th' upgrades will also be available on Friday.
"Upgrade includes entry for one person to each of the events below that require a ticket (must be 21+ years of age to attend) along with:
- Private Blackened Tasting Event with Master Distiller Rob Dietrich @ The Wingtip Club on Thursday, December 16
- One limited edition souvenir laminate
- One 40th Anniversary weekend show poster set
- One limited edition merch bundle
- One signed setlist from each of the 40th Anniversary shows