No matter if you're commuting to work an hour away, or commuting from your bed to the home office, we can all agree that getting up and dealing with those first groggy hours sucks. We're here to make it suck less with our ongoing playlist The Commute, which brings you all the best new metal every Monday morning. The concept behind the Commute in terms of inclusion of artists is simple – all releases from each artist are represented by one single. So if you've got a new album and an EP, you're on there twice (etc.). The reasoning behind this is to include as many artists for you to discover as possible without overloading the playlist. Enjoy!
Welcome to this week's edition of The Commute! This week includes the first Tribulation single with guitarist Joseph Tholl (and without Jonathan Hultén), Municipal Waste's Dave Witte and Phil "Landphil" Hall teaming up with Finntroll vocalist Matthias "Vieth" Lillmåns for a new band called Morbikon, and more!
- "Hamartia" by Tribulation, which so far is a standalone single.
- "Cursed To March On Shattered Limbs" by Morbikon, from their coming album Ov Mournful Twilight due out October 28.
- "The Falling Tide" by Woods Of Desolation, from their upcoming album The Falling Tide due out December 9.
- "Grind Over Matter" by Defleshed, from their first album in 17 years Grind Over Matter due out October 28.
- "79 Years" by The Convalescence, which so far is a standalone single.