Wintersun is currently running a crowdfunding effort to build itself an entire headquarters, and the band is asking for a whopping €150,000, or slightly over $157,000. This headquarters will include a studio, rehearsal space, presumably somewhere to shoot music videos, and who knows what else. The headquarters will also cost Wintersun €750,000, or about $788,000.
So how's the effort going thus far to raise that initial €150,000? After nearly 4,000 backers have contributed to the funding effort, Wintersun has raised over $200,000, meaning they're over a third of the way there. If you're not aware, you can only donate €50 to the fund, and that'll get you the following perks.
- A .wav download of the new album, The Forest Seasons.
- An "AMAZING 17-page 5K booklet crafted by Jari himself."
- An instrumental version of The Forest Seasons + instrumental stems.
- A remastered version of Time I and Wintersun.
- A live album Live At Tuska 2013, that's inexplicably only available as 320kbps .mp3 files.
- An acoustic version of "Loneliness" from The Forest Seasons.
So keep donating, y'all! The existence of Time II is being held hostage, and clearly Jari Mäenpää will never be able to make music ever again without this building! Even though he's recorded The Forest Seasons and remastered Time I and Wintersun to his liking without it… but besides all that, he needs this building.
The crowdfunding began on March 1 and runs until March 31, so who knows how much more this will raise.