Converse really wants to help up and coming bands with their Rubber Tracks studios, and after a successful first partnership with MetalSucks (with some assistance from us here at Metal Injection), they are giving five bands the chance to get one free day of recording in their Brooklyn studio, as well as a ton of free promo from MetalSucks and Metal Injection.
In case you aren't familiar with the studio, here is a video walkthrough we posted last year:
It's pretty rad! To make matters even more awesome, megaproducer Will Putney will be behind the boards for the five bands recording. Will brings nearly a decade of experience to the studio, having worked on albums by Exhumed, The Acacia Strain, Misery Signals, Fit For An Autopsy, Suicide Silence and many, many more.
After the five days of recording, there will be a live show where all the bands perform and it will be shot by us here at Metal Injection.
The best part is you can sign up now! Here are the rules, according to MetalSucks:
- Apply here. Make sure you click the checkbox that denotes you’re signing up specifically for the Rubber Tracks x MetalSucks promotion. Please note that your band must be available to record between July 7 and July 11, 2014, and must be able to get yourselves to the Converse Rubber Tracks studio in Brooklyn. (C’mon — we’re already giving you free use of a studio for a day, you don’t expect us to pay for your travel and housing too, do ya?)
- MetalSucks co-heads Vince Neilstein and Axl Rosenberg will select their five favorite bands, each of whom will be awarded one day of recording in the Converse Rubber Tracks studio, absolutely free of charge. Each band will be assigned a day between July 7 and July 11 to enter the studio.
- MetalSucks editors Vince Neilstein and Axl Rosenberg will be in the studio with you to hang out, provide feedback, rub your shoulders, whatever.
- Additionally, we here at Metal Injection will also be in the studio with you, filming you for a very special behind-the-scenes video documenting the week’s activities.
- Both the song you record at Converse Rubber Tracks and the aforementioned behind-the-scenes videos will debut right here on MetalSucks, exposing your music to literally thousands of potential new fans! You will retain all rights to use your track(s) however you wish after that.
The deadline to apply is midnight EDT on Sunday, April 20, 2014; selected bands will be notified/announced the week starting April 29th.