We Watched CREED Frontman Scott Stapp's Insane Homeless Confessional So You Don't Have To
Scott Stapp is the victim of conspiracy according to Scott Stapp!
The guy is broke, homeless and without food thanks to the I.R.S. freezing his funds. All of this news came courtesy a very odd 15 minute video Scott posted to Creed's Facebook page:
We're assuming you have a better way to spend 15 minutes so here's a line-by-line recap of what this loon said:
- He is not dead
- He is not on drugs or in rehab, and gets his blood tested once a week to prove it.
- He is being attacked.
- He is being audited and realized money was stolen from him
- He is proud to be Christian and loves God with all his heart.
- He forgives everybody who is trying to ruin him and he prays for them.
- He wants to seek revenge but as a Christian he can’t do that. So he just prays.
- The IRS has frozen his bank accounts "two or three times" leaving him penniless.
- His civil rights have been violated.
- He’s taking it public!
- He’s looking for an honest and good attorney that’s ready to fight and take it all the way to the top.
- He’s living in a Holiday Inn. For a couple of weeks, he had to live in his truck without gas or food, and went two days without eating.
- He ended up in an emergency room.
- Somebody called his bank, changed his password and transferred all the money out of his bank account.
- He went to four different branches and called four different times.
- The bank wouldn’t even give him five dollars for food.
- He’s not playing victim or asking you to feel sorry for him, he’s just telling you the truth.
- He feels God has a reason for this.
- He admits he’s shed a few tears (alone).
- He then says there are bigger issues out there like Ferguson, but his civil rights have been violated!
- He’s going to fight and raise awareness and let the world know!
Who is trying to steal Stapp's fortune and ruin his good name? We have not heard any slanderous comments from anybody publicly recently, but I guess we will soon. It's not other Creed members. Guitarist Mark Tremonti has said he hasn't spoken to Stapp in years.
As MetalSucks points out, it's hard to feel sorry for a guy who once was arrested for attempting to beat his wife with a glass bottle, but I guess people change? It sounds like Stapp is really in a bad place, much like I was when I was working retail in the late 90s, and Creed's "With Arms Wide Open" would play every 20 minutes. Too soon?
Update: TMZ reports Scott is most likely referencing his wife…
The singer says his wife — who has filed for divorce — is trying to get him committed, falsely accusing him of doing meth and showing signs of paranoia. Her divorce docs reportedly containtext messages from Stapp which say, among other things, “Florida is not safe. Biological weapons on the way.”
Stapp sent another text which read, “I wouldn’t doubt it if the CIA is behind Alcoholics Anonymous.” And he warns, “God created you and now God is ending you.”