Motörhead has released its fair share of cover songs over the years, and now you can have the band's favorites compiled onto one album. Motörhead will release Under Cöver via its own record label on September 1, which will include a cover of David Bowie's "Heroes." The cover was recorded for what would unfortunately become Motörhead's final album in 2015, and has not been released.
Here's what the remainder of the band had to say about the release.
"It's such a great Bowie song, one of his best, and I could only see great things coming out of it from us, and so it proved to be," says Phil Campbell, "and Lemmy ended up loving our version."
"He was very, very proud of it," says Mikkey Dee, "not only because it turned out so well but because it was fun! Which is what projects like this should be – fun!"
Pre-order Under Cöver here and here.
- "Breaking The Law" (Judas Priest cover)
- "God Save The Queen" (Sex Pistols cover)
- "Heroes" (David Bowie cover)
- "Starstruck" (Dio cover)
- "Cat Scratch Fever" (Ted Nugent cover)
- "Jumpin’ Jack Flash" (The Rolling Stones cover)
- "Sympathy For The Devil" (The Rolling Stones cover)
- "Hellraiser" (Ozzy Osbourne cover)
- "Rockaway Beach" (Ramones cover)
- "Shoot ‘Em Down" (Twisted Sister cover)
- "Whiplash" (Metallica cover)