Red Fang is now streaming their cover of the classic, basically-legendary AC/DC track "Hells Bells." The cover is off Magnetic Eye Records' upcoming Back in Black [Redux] covers album featuring Howling Giant, Whores, Heavy Temple, and many more.
"I saw AC/DC in 1988 at the TCC in Tucson, Arizona", said guitarist and vocalist Bryan Giles. "It was the second arena rock show of my young life. What struck me then and still sticks with me today is how perfectly they harnessed the power of the blues for a rock style. Even though they brought out cannons for 'For Those about to Rock' and had the requisite lights and pyros, it was a 100% no-bullshit, go for the throat show. They are the best band in the world at stripping all artifice and bringing pure beauty. They are a constant reminder that in songwriting, less can be way more.
"Covering 'Hells Bells' was pretty intimidating to me initially. How do you improve on a benchmark song like that? It's expertly constructed and has so much personality that falling short of the original is guaranteed. When David played the intro guitar part at practice with a darker turn to it, I immediately felt more confident since it leaned more into our sensibility. If you can't play it better, make it your own animal. I hope people can enjoy our version in its own light. Let there be rock!"
Back in Black [Redux]
- Red Fang – "Hells Bells"
- Howling Giant – "Shoot to Thrill"
- Supersuckers – "What Do You Do for Money Honey"
- Smoking Lightning – "Givin the Dog a Bone"
- Heavy Temple – "Let Me Put My Love Into You"
- Besvärjelsen – "Back in Black"
- Jakethehawk – "You Shook Me All Night Long"
- Whores. – "Have a Drink on Me"
- Early Man – "Shake a Leg"
- Earthride – "Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"
The Best of AC/DC [Redux]
- Witchskull – "Sin City
- Kal-El – "It's a Long Way to the Top (if You Wanna Rock 'n' Roll)"
- Bob Balch & Tony Reed – "What's Next to the Moon"
- Kryptograf – "Bad Boy Boogie"
- Blue Heron – "Walk All Over You"
- Supersuckers – "Overdose"
- Riff Lord – "For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)"
- Solace – "Whole Lotta Rosie"
- Red Mesa – "If You Want Blood (You've Got It)"
- Ghost Ship Ritual – "The Razors Edge"
- Caustic Casanova – "Dog Eat Dog"
- Electric Frankenstein – "High Voltage"
- Domkraft – "Night Prowler"