Metallica have just announced a new project. James Hetfield will release a new coffee table book through Insight Editions on July 28th titled Reclaimed Rust: The Four-Wheeled Creations Of James Hetfield.
The book will focus on Hetfield's passion for restoring and customizing classic cars "into magnificent pieces of automotive art. "
It’s no secret that James Hetfield loves vintage cars; throughout the years we’ve featured his cars on the pages of this site and in So What! Magazine, and hosted a custom car show as part of the Orion Music + More Festival.
Now, for the first time, his collection can be seen in full on the pages of a gorgeous new coffee table book, Reclaimed Rust: The Four-Wheeled Creations of James Hetfield, currently available for pre-order and in stores on July 28th.
The 192-page hardbound book is available now for pre-order in the Met Store.
Hetfield also did a video walkthrough of the book, which you can see below. The cars in Hetfield's collection include:
- '37 Lincoln Zephyr
- '36 Auburn roadster named Slow Burn
- Delahaye inspired '34 Packard, Aquarius
- '36 Ford in bare metal called Iron Fist
- Purple '56 Ford F-100 pickup truck
- Three cars by custom fabricator Rick Dore: Black Pearl, a custom 1948 Jaguar, a '52 Olds named Grinch, and Skyscraper, a 1953 Buick Skylark.