MASTODON's Brent Hinds Selling Guitars & Other Cool Gear From His Collection
Hinds has teamed with Reverb.com to sell the gear, with the sale starting on August 23rd (that's next Thursday). Gear featured will be items Hinds used on tour and recording with for previous Mastodon records. Hinds explains:
“There comes a time in your life when you have to get rid of everything and for me, that time is now. The music gear I’m selling in my Reverb shop is legitimate shit. All of it was heavily used—all over the world on tour, in the studio, and beyond. A lot of early Mastodon work was created on this gear.”
Some of the gear you can get includes
- a one-of-a-kind Robert Randolph Custom Sierra 13-string pedal steel guitar that Hinds bought from Randolph over a decade ago and played on Once More Around the Sun and Cold Dark Place. According to Hinds, the pedal steel is both the very first pedal steel ever custom made for Randolph and the very first 13-string pedal steel ever made. “It’s an iconic item,” he said of the instrument.
- a cream 1981 Gibson Flying V electric guitar that has traveled all over the world with Hinds and Mastodon.
- a First Act Custom Shop Lola Double Neck electric guitar played on Crack the Skye and used live during the tour that supported the same album. Hinds helped design the guitar, which is the only one in existence.
- a Hammond Colonnade full-sized church organ used on every Mastodon record made up until Crack the Skye was released. “God that thing is so cool,” Hinds said while talking about the organ. “Now I don’t want to sell it!”
- a black 2008 Gibson Flying V ‘67 Reissue electric guitar used on tour and to record several of Mastodon’s earlier records, including Oblivion and Crack The Skye.
- a black Dean V 79 Classic electric guitar and a red Calzone standing road case, both of which were used extensively on tour.
If you're curious, about the gear, get more info here.