With the state of the music industry looking so bleak for music sales, artists have to start thinking outside of the box in terms of inventive ways to market themselves to their audience, including ways to super-serve die hard fans.
Megadeth is looking to do just that to some of their die hard fans, who might just have some extra cash to spend. Today, the band announced Megadeth Boot Camp which they are calling "the ultimate fan experience." Even crazier, the event would take place on Dave Mustaine's private estate in Southern California. But lest you think you'll actually be going into Dave's private house. Not so fast, droogie.
For the premium boot camp package, which costs either $5499 for a single occupancy or $2999 a person for a double occupancy ($5,998 total) you get to "stay on-site in a private furnished bell tent with beds at the Mustaine Estate in Fallbrook, CA Friday – Sunday." In fact, here are all the perks of the premium package:
- Stay on-site in a private furnished bell tent with beds at the Mustaine Estate in Fallbrook, CA Friday – Sunday
- Includes: Full bed with mattress and bedding, wool blanket, throw pillow, lounge furniture, area rug, side table, and a battery operated lantern.
- Exclusive Welcome Gift
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided on-site at Mustaine Estate
- Access to on-site private shower trailers and VIP restrooms
- Access to workshops and activities of your choice throughout the weekend
- Access to intimate acoustic performance by Megadeth
- Prefered seating to campfire stories with Megadeth
- Priority access to off-site wine tasting with Dave Mustaine (approx. 45 min away)
- Access to gardens & Rock n' Roll library on-site throughout the weekend
- On-site paparazzi to capture all your unforgettable moments
- Commemorative Megadeth Boot Camp laminate
To be fair, these tents do look rather spiffy:
There is a second tier of slightly more reasonable pricing of $2,000 a person which would find you sleeping at a hotel 15 minutes away, with shuttle service to the estate, which almost seems like a better deal?
Other events during the weekend include a meet and greet, a beer tasting, coffee time with Dave Ellefson, a trivia night hosted by SiriusXM's Jose Mangin, acoustic performances, a guitar workshop with Kiko (but not Dave), a bass clinic with Ellefson, a drum workshop with Dirk, wine tasting with Dave Mustaine, and "Megadeth Church," which is described "as contemporary non-denominational service from David."
If this seems like your kind of weekend, you can get more info here.