As the metal world continues to mourn the death of Children of Bodom's Alexi Laiho, we are always celebrating his life, and the amazing amount of music Laiho has given us. Fans and friends are spending the week remembering Laiho, and today some fun audio has surfaced.
Laiho was a part of a memorial show for late Death frontman Chuck Schuldiner on March 1, 2002 in Helsinki, Finland, shortly after Chuck's passing in December of 2001. As part of the evening, there was a performance by a group called Evil Chucks, that only played Death covers from the first four labums.
According to Blabbermouth, this was the full lineup:
- Alexi Laiho (CHILDREN OF BODOM, BODOM AFTER MIDNIGHT) – Vocals
- Mitja Harvilahti (MOONSORROW) – Guitar
- Janne Perttilä (MOONSORROW, BARREN EARTH) – Guitar
- Oppu Laine (AMORPHIS, CHAOSBREED, BARREN EARTH) – Bass
- Nalle Österman (GANDALF, CHAOSBREED) – Drums
Sentenced's Taneli Jarva, Gandalf's Jari Hurskainen shared in vocal duties with Laiho.
Here is the killer audio: