You remember Louis-Paul Gauvreau, right? He is on Quebec's version of The Voice and advanced from the first round by performing Necrophagist's "Stabwound," and then again after a brutal duet of "Born To Be Wild." In his next performance, Louis-Paul covered Montreal black metal band Incandescence's track "L’abîme du rêve." The cover allowed him to advance to the final eight!
Some more recent metalheads on these Voice-type shows:
- The Voice Finland Contestant's Performance of SLIPKNOT's "Psychosocial" Gets Him To The Next Round
- Dude Performs SUICIDE SILENCE Song On Romania's Got Talent, Judges Reactions Are Priceless
- Face Tattooed Dude Crushes LED ZEPPELIN's "Whole Lotta Love" On Ukrainian Talent Show
- 82-Year-Old Covers DROWNING POOL's "Bodies" on America's Got Talent, Shocking Everybody
- 82-Year-Old Heavy Metal Grandpa Screams ROB ZOMBIE's "Dragula" ScaringAmerica's Got Talent Judges
- PAGAN'S MIND Singer Auditions For Norway's The Voice With IRON MAIDEN Cover
- Most Metal AMERICA's GOT TALENT Audition EVER!
- 6-Year-Old Girl Screams "Zombie Skin" On America's Got Talent
- This 10-Year-Old's Cover of DRAGONFORCE Floored TheAustralia's Got TalentJudges
- Gorgeous Girl Sings Metal on France Has Talent
Thanks for the tip, Danyck.