Roadburn 2022 will take place between April 21 and 24 in Tilburg, The Netherlands. The festival will be curated by Milena Eva and Thomas Sciarone of GGGOLDDD, and will feature Full Of Hell as the Artists In Residence. Full Of Hell will perform four times over the course of the event, including a collaboration with Nothing entitled Full Of Nothing.
The full lineup of Roadburn 2022 thus far is:
- Big ‡ Brave
- Blak Saagan
- Divide and Dissolve
- Faceless Entity
- Full of Hell
- Green Lung
- Helms Alee
- James Kent (Perturbator) & Johannes Persson (Cult of Luna) performing a commissioned project titled Final Light.
- Jo Quail performing a commissioned project titled The Cartographer.
- Lamp Of Murmuur
- Lili Refrain
- Liturgy, performing H.A.Q.Q. in full and Origin Of The Alimonies an opera on the main stage in sync with a film created by Hunter Hunt-Hendrix, accompanied by a chamber orchestra.
- Milena Eva & Thomas Scarione
- Primitive Man
- Russian Circles
- Spiritual Poison (Many Blessings)
- The Holy Family
- Vile Creature & Bismuth performing a commissioned project titled A Hymn Of Loss And Hope.
"After two years of not being able to host a physical festival, we're extremely excited to actually return in 2022," said Walter Hoeijmakers, Roadburn's artistic director. "Given the circumstances, everything about this has been a real challenge, but we wanted to make sure that next year's Roadburn will be a stronghold for the forward-thinking artists we all love so much – whether genre-defining established acts or young, up-and-coming artists. We really want to reconnect them with our international community – artistically, musically and physically – and to see them do what they do best: be on stage. We want to give them a platform in front of a live audience again, as it's time to celebrate the music they've written over the past two years, or the much acclaimed albums that helped us through these strange, unprecedented times.
"It's equally exciting to have Milena Eva and Thomas Sciarone as our 2022 curators; their commissioned music project for Roadburn Redux, This Shame Should Not Be Mine, elevated GGGOLDDD to a whole new level, as it made such a huge impact – musically, emotionally, and spiritually. The intimate connection felt by everyone online will be greatly amplified at Roadburn 2022, and we could think of no one better than Milena and Thomas to get us all reconnected."