Roadburn 2023 will take place at the 013 venue, Tilburg, The Netherlands between April 20 and 23. This year's edition will not have a curator as past editions have, and will feature the following artists (so far):
- Deafheaven playing Sunbather and Infinite Granite in full
- Julie Christmas
- David Eugene Edwards playing 16 Horsepower, Wovenhand, and his solo material
- Wolves In The Throne Room playing an exclusive set titled Shadow Moon Kingdom
- Big Brave playing nature morte in full
- The Soft Moon playing Exister in full
- Giles Corey
- Chat Pile
- Candy playing Heaven Is Here in full
- KEN Mode
- Show Me the Body playing Trouble the Water in full
- John Cxnnor performing All My Future's Past in full with Ketil and Rasmus Sejersen of LLNN
"We are very thrilled to see Roadburn 2023 coming together, especially in a world turned upside down and all the challenges facing the live music industry," said Roadburn Artistic Director, Walter Hoeijmakers.
"Roadburn 2023 is shaping up to be a very exciting edition of the festival even while navigating the underground post-pandemic. This year's Roadburn won't see a curator as there are so many obstacles and pitfalls to overcome; it would be hard for a curator to fully realise their artistic and musical dreams. We at Roadburn will make sure the 2023 edition will be as adventurous and explorational as always, and it will be an anchor point as usual. It will be a very current edition, reflecting the world as it is now."
Roadburn will also host a collaboration with Schouwburg Tilburg to bring dance to the festival. Dance Of The Seven Veils will be brought to life by director Aïda Gabriëls with musical accompaniment courtesy of Colin H. Van Eeckhout (CHVE, Amenra), Pieter-Jan Van Assche (Innerwoud) and soprano Astrid Stockman. Roadburn's official visual artist for 2023 is William Lacalmontie, and more information is available here.