No matter if you're commuting to work an hour away, or commuting from your bed to the home office, we can all agree that getting up and dealing with those first groggy hours sucks. We're here to make it suck less with our ongoing playlist The Commute, which brings you all the best new metal every Monday morning. The concept behind the Commute in terms of inclusion of artists is simple – all releases from each artist are represented by one single. So if you've got a new album and an EP, you're on there twice (etc.). The reasoning behind this is to include as many artists for you to discover as possible without overloading the playlist. Enjoy!
This week's edition of The Commute features the new Goatwhore single from their first record in five years, a chilly new Brymir single, and a solo track from legendary metal vocalist Tim "Ripper" Owens.
- "Born Of Satan's Flesh" by Goatwhore, from their upcoming record Angels Hung From The Arches Of Heaven due out October 7.
- "Violent Shadows" by Blind Guardian, from their upcoming record The God Machine due out September 2.
- "Herald Of Aegir" by Brymir, from their upcoming record Voices In The Sky due out August 26.
- "Embattled" by Ripper, which is so far a standalone single.
- "Liar" by Brutus, from their upcoming record Unison Life due out October 21.
- "Rejection Sensitivity Dysphoria" by Thotcrime, from their upcoming record D1G1T4L_DR1FT due out October 28.