The GRAMMYs have been postponed for the second year in a row. The 2022 Grammy Awards were originally scheduled to take place on January 31 at the Crypto.com Arena in Los Angeles, CA, and have now been pushed back to an unspecified date. This isn't shocking considering there were rumors of postponement floating around for a few days, and the fact that there have been over 2 million COVID cases in the past few days thanks to the Omicron variant.
"After careful consideration and analysis with city and state officials, health and safety experts, the artist community and our many partners, the Recording Academy and CBS have postponed the 64th Annual GRAMMY Awards Show," said both Recording Academy and CBS in a joint statement.
"The health and safety of those in our music community, the live audience, and the hundreds of people who work tirelessly to produce our show remains our top priority. Given the uncertainty surrounding the Omicron variant, holding the show on January 31st simply contains too many risks."
The nominees for 2021 include:
Best Metal Performance:
- Deftones – "Genesis"
- Gojira – "Amazonia"
- Mastodon – "Pushing The Tides"
- Rob Zombie – "The Triumph Of King Freak (A Crypt Of Preservation And Superstition)"
- Dream Theater – "The Alien"
Best Rock Album:
- AC/DC – Power Up
- Chris Cornell – No One Sings Like You Anymore Vol. 1
- Foo Fighters – Medicine At Midnight
- Paul McCartney – McCartney III
- Black Pumas – Capitol Cuts — Live From Studio A
Best Rock Song:
- Foo Fighters – "Waiting On A War"
- Mammoth WVH – "Distance"
- Weezer – "All My Favorite Songs"
- Kings Of Leon – "The Bandit"
- Paul McCartney – "Find My Way"
Best Rock Performance:
- Deftones – "Ohms"
- Foo Fighters – "Making A Fire"
- Chris Cornell – "Nothing Compares 2 U" (Prince cover)
- AC/DC – "Shot In The Dark"
- Black Pumas – "Know You Better (Live From Capitol Studio A)
Best Music Video:
- AC/DC – "Shot In The Dark"
- Jon Batiste – "Freedom"
- Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga – "I Get A Kick Out Of You"
- Justin Bieber (feat. Daniel Caesar) – "Peaches"
- Billie Eilish – "Happier Than Ever"
- Lil Nas X – "Montero (Call Me By Your Name)"
Best Score Soundtrack For Visual Media:
- Jon Batiste, Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross – Soul
- Kris Bowers – Bridgerton
- Hans Zimmer – Dune
- Ludwig Göransson – The Mandalorian: Season 2 — Vol. 2' (Chapters 13-16)
- Carlos Rafael Rivera – The Queen's Gambit
Best Alternative Music Album:
- Halsey, Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross – If I Can't Have Love, I Want Power
- Japanese Breakfast – Jubilee
- Arlo Parks – Collapsed In Sunbeams
- St. Vincent – Daddy's Home
- Fleet Foxes – Shore
Best Remixed Recording:
- "Passenger" (Mike Shinoda Remix); Mike Shinoda, remixer (Deftones); track from: White Pony (20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition)
- "Back To Life" (Booker T Kings of Soul Satta Dub); Booker T, remixer (Soul II Soul)
- "Born For Greatness" (Cymek Remix); Spencer Bastin, remixer (Papa Roach); track from: Greatest Hits Vol. 2 The Better Noise Years
- "Constant Craving" (Fashionably Late Remix); Tracy Young, remixer (K.D. Lang)
- "Inside Out" (3SCAPE DRM REMIX); 3SCAPE DRM, remixer (Zedd and Griff)
- "Met Him Last Night" (Dave Audé Remix); Dave Audé, remixer (Demi Lovato and Ariana Grande)
- "Talks" (Mura Masa Remix); Alexander Crossan, remixer (PVA)