Roadburn unfortunately isn't happening in person this year either, but it's still coming to a screen near you. Roadburn Redux 2021 will take place between April 16 and 18, which artistic director Walter Hoeijmakers is very excited about.
“I’m delighted to be able to continue our relatively new tradition of commissioned music this year. Having already heard some of what’s in store – I can confidently say that there are going to be many reasons to tune in for Roadburn this year, with unmissable performances and exclusive new music premiering across the weekend. We may be apart this year, but the spirit of Roadburn is alive and well!”
Some performers for Roadburn Redux this year include:
- Mizmor performing a new specially commissioned piece of music titled "Wit's End" off a currently-unannounced new release.
- Primitive Man performing all-new material that vocalist and guitarist Ethan Lee McCarthy said "reflect not only times of extreme darkness but the need to persevere."
- Inter Arma performing a covers set called Inter Arma Covered in the Compound: Live at Chesterfield East.
- Regarde Les Hommes Tomber performing Ascension in full.
- Wayfarer playing songs off A Romance With Violence for the first time ever.
Roadburn Redux is a "pay what you want" event. Tickets are available here.