Three decades ago, a groundbreaking album emerged from the depths of the underground music scene, forever altering the landscape of heavy metal. Type O Negative's Bloody Kisses, a genre-bending masterpiece that seamlessly merged elements of goth, doom, and traditional metal, took the world by storm, cementing its place as one of the most influential and celebrated releases of its era.
To commemorate this momentous anniversary, Z2, in partnership with Type O Negative, is set to release a stunning anthology, aptly titled Type O Negative: Bloody Kisses. This captivating collection aims at capturing both the haunted edge and the dry satirical humor that defined what many consider to be the definitive gothic metal album. Scheduled for publication in late spring 2024, it features an array of components, including:
- Eleven original stories inspired by the album's tracks, penned by renowned rock stars such as Andy Biersack, Carla Harvey, Cristina Scabbia, and Burton C. Bell
- Breathtaking cover art by Alan Robert, the visionary creator of Life of Agony and The Beauty of Horror
- A powerful introduction by Billy Graziadei, the frontman of Biohazard
- A collector's card featuring illustrations by Anthrax/Pantera drummer Charlie Benante
This remarkable anthology is not just a collection of stories; it's a testament to the enduring legacy of Type O Negative and the profound impact of Bloody Kisses on the world of music. As Editor-in-Chief Rantz Hoseley eloquently stated, “Type O Negative is one of those rare bands that created a musical genre by their very existence, and Bloody Kisses is one of those unexpected glorious releases that flipped the table of what was expected from hard rock and metal bands when it came out. 30 years later, there’s no band that can go head to head with what they accomplished with that album, and our focus has been celebrating and honoring that spirit in every one of these stories and art pieces.”
Z2 and Type O Negative are offering Type O Negative: Bloody Kisses in a variety of editions to suit every collector's preference, including:
- Hardcover edition
- Deluxe edition featuring the hardcover book and a double picture disc vinyl set of the album, adorned with artwork of each band member
- Super limited edition bundle that includes the hardcover book, double picture disc vinyl set, and a collector's card by Charlie Benante – limited to 666 units
- A rare Repulsion demo cassette, unearthed from a Brooklyn attic and thought to be lost to the ages
Pre-orders for Type O Negative: Bloody Kisses are now available. Make sure you're among the first to own this extraordinary tribute to a groundbreaking album.