Omar Rodríguez-López of The Mars Volta and At-The Drive In fame has had quite the prolific solo career over the years. Now record label Clouds Hill is collecting all Rodríguez-López' output into one 57-record box set dubbed Amor de Frances, due out on December 4. Amor de Frances is limited to 500 copies and includes:
- A four pieced box set, split into four high-quality boxes with colorfully designed banderoles
- 57 albums, pressed on recycled, black vinyl, including 2 previously unreleased records
- 31 records released on vinyl for the first time
- Recreated true to original, also with selected makeovers of cover artwork
- Set of 9 art prints – sleeve can be replaced with 2020's The Clouds Hill Tapes Pt. 1-3 (not included), to complete the silhouette on the spines
"After celebrating the digital release of his entire oeuvre in May 2021, Rodríguez–López' Hamburg-based label Clouds Hill now takes the next step: These solo records will be made physically available for the first time in a unique vinyl box set," wrote Clouds Hill in a press release.
"57 albums, including records that have only been digitally available until now, and also two previously unreleased records. The collection contains highlights like the collaborative record with John Frusciante, the chaotic but beloved Cryptomnesia, the more accessible Solar Gambling or a classic like the early Se Dice Bisonte, No Bùfalo."
Pre-orders begin on October 31 here and the whole box set will cost a tidy $1,599. If that's a little too rich for your blood, all 57 records will be available for individual purchase in early 2024. Though I'd imagine getting all 57 separately is even more expensive.