It's the end of the year and Billboard just published their top tours and venues of 2022. While the most profitable touring artist of the year belongs to Latin trap and reggaeton artist Bad Bunny – who grossed over $373.4 million in 2022 – rock and metal does make a handful of appearances throughout the chart. Some notable inclusions (and their position) are:
- No. 6 – The Rolling Stones grossed $179.3 million across 20 shows with 949,000 attendees
- No. 7 – Red Hot Chili Peppers grossed $176.9 million across 31 shows with 1.4 million attendees
- No. 8 – Def Leppard & Mötley Crüe grossed $173.4 million across 35 shows with 1.3 million attendees
- No. 17 – Guns N' Roses grossed $93.3 million across 27 shows with 1 million attendees
- No. 20 – My Chemical Romance grossed $87.9 million across 55 shows with 714,000 attendees
- No. 26 – Iron Maiden grossed $76.1 million across 47 shows with 984,000 attendees
- No. 36 – Trans-Siberian Orchestra grossed $54.6 million across 98 shows with 767,000 attendees
Some other interesting tidbits found throughout the charts include Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, NV being the most popular stadium, having grossed $182.5 million across 24 shows. Though biggest venue title belongs to Madison Square Garden in New York City, which grossed $241.3 million across 124 shows. The next biggest was the O2 Arena in London with $177 million across 165 shows.
Check out the full list here.