Evanescence has invited some of "rock's top women" for a massive collaboration of empowerment called "Use My Voice." And, it sounds great. The press release notes the song "was written to celebrate the power of speaking out in order to promote a more just world."
Among the collaborators are
- Taylor Momsen of The Pretty Reckless
- Lzzy Hale of Halestorm
- Violinist Lindsey Stirling
- Deena Jakoub of Veridia (long-time friend of Amy's and co-writer of the song)
- Sharon den Adel of Within Temptation
- Amy's sisters: Carrie South and Lori Lee Bulloch
- Amy McLawhorn, wife of Evanescence guitarist Troy McLawhorn
Amy Lee said: “This is an era of awakening, and full of powerful beauty. I hope to inspire others to seek truth, find their own voices and use them as I step up to use mine. Don’t let anybody speak for you. Only you can do that.”
The band also launched UseMyVoice.org, to help fans register to vote and/or learn how the can vote remotely in the midst of the ongoing pandemic.
The song comes from The Bitter Truth, which the band is slowly releasing throughout the year. Listen to the other singles as well below.