Metallica's All Within My Hands (AWMH) foundation, alongside the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC), has announced the nine schools that will receive $100,000 each as a part of the Metallica Scholars Initiative. They are:
- Northwest-Shoals Community College, Muscle Shoals, AL
- Pima County Community College, Tucson, AZ
- Hartnell College, Salinas, CA
- Victor Valley College, Victorville, CA
- Clinton Community College, Clinton, IA
- Central Community College, Grand Island, NE
- Columbia Gorge Community College, The Dalles, OR
- Northern Virginia Community College, Annandale, VA
- West Virginia University Parkersburg, Parkersburg, WV
"The Foundation and the band pay attention and follow these programs and students, and there is no doubt that lives have been changed. What makes this work so unique is that, in addition to supporting students directly, our goal is not just to change individual lives, it is to unabashedly promote the trades as meaningful and well-paying career pathways. We are not afraid to be loud nor to dig in on things we believe in, and we believe in these students," said Dr. Edward Frank, Executive Director of AWMH.
"As the country recovers from the pandemic, career and technical education is essential to rebuilding communities and the resilience of America," added AACC’s Jen Worth, Senior Vice President, Workforce and Economic Development. From the first year, AACC has been honored to design and conduct this important work on behalf of All Within My Hands and AACC’s member colleges."
To date, AWMH has provided $4.1 million in grants to career and technical education programs.