Quantcast
Share This:

Rumors

Rumor: A New NECROPHAGIST Record Is Done, According to Muhammed Suiçmez

Posted by on August 23, 2019 at 2:05 pm

Necrophagist were the biggest death metal band like 10 – 15 years ago and then they just went away. News of the band was few and far between. In 2014, some fans seemed to believe that some photoshopped piece of art was definitely the cover of the next Necrophagist record, and in 2013, drummer Romain Goulon said the band definitely wasn't dead. Sadly, in 2016, Goulon retracted his statement basically saying the band is dead and needs a coffin.

But could there be hope?

Reclusive frontman Muhammed Suiçmez was spotted by an eager fan at Brutal Assault festival earlier this month. The fan, Kris Xenopoulos, posted this photo to Instagram.

In the comments, a friend asked Kris if he asked Muhammed about the possibility of a new album. Kris' response was “He told me he’s got the album recorded on a hard drive somewhere 🙂 Just no motivation right now to do the band again.”

Obviously, this is an unconfirmed rumor, but it's basically what we at Metal Injection have been hearing. About five years ago, a reputable source told me that Suiçmez was writing and was hoping to put something out but then nothing ever happened of it. That same source later told me that Suiçmez was basically over it.

Perhaps the pressure of following up the glory of Epitaph was too much and the dude just threw his hands up and said fuck it.

At least we have those two glorious albums.

[via MetalSucks]

What do you think? Leave a Comment

Subscribe To Our Daily Dose Newsletter

At the end of each day, we will send you an email with all the updates we posted that day.

Related Posts

Sponsored Links from Around the Internet

COMMENTS