METALLICA Bringing S&M² Back To Theaters For One More Night
Metallica screened their new concert film S&M² for one night only so far. That screening brought in a whopping $5.5 million, so unsurprisingly the band is bringing the film back for an encore. S&M² is now scheduled to hit theaters once more on October 30. The film was captured during Metallica's performance with the San Francisco Symphony at the grand opening of Chase Center in San Francisco, CA, reprising their original 1999 performance of the same nature.
In related news, Metallica was also recently announced to be headlining five major festivals in 2020 in the United States. Metallica will be playing the Friday and Saturday night shows of each of these festivals, with each set will featuring a completely unique setlist. They are:
- Epicenter (May 1-3) at its new location at the Charlotte Motor Speedway in Charlotte, NC
- Welcome To Rockville (May 8-10) at its new location at the Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, FL
- Sonic Temple Art + Music Festival (May 15-17) at MAPFRE Stadium in Columbus, OH
- Louder Than Life (September 18-20) at Highland Festival Grounds at KY Expo Center in Louisville, KY
- Aftershock (October 9-11) at Discovery Park in Sacramento, CA
Oh, and Kirk Hammett has some riffs for a new record that he won't lose this time. Promise!