Earache Records Celebrates 20 Years In Style
Earache Records is celebrating their 20th anniversary by doing a bunch of reissues and compilations…typical label retrospective-type stuff. Where other labels who have recently commemorated anniversaries have failed, though, Earache has struck absolute GOLD with a "Twisted Metal"-like PS2 game. Yes, folks, now you, too can play as midget rats while shooting projectiles from your battle choppers to the swingin' sounds of ADEMA.
For the whole scoop on Earache's 20th anniversary festivities, keep reading:
* The "Metal: A Headbanger's Companion" box set in April — six-CD set with over 100 tracks for a cheap price
* The "Earache: Extreme Metal Racing" PS2 game now released — Earache is the only label with a PS2 game dedicated to it.
* The NAPALM DEATH "Scum" DualDisc release in March — THE pivotal Earache release and the one that in many ways started the label on the path to notoriety and legendary status
* Sanctuary is issuing a special compilation "Grind Your Mind" In recognition of the genre packed with Earache artists.
* The "Choosing Death" book — still being reprinted, the definitive story of Earache and how the label invented grindcore and influenced death metal.
Commented Earache Label Manager Dan Tobin: "Certainly it's shocked me looking back at the variety of names that we have championed in the past, often taking a chance on a band years before they became fashionable or influential — but a roll call does read like a who's who of extreme and alternative music."