Slow Burning Rage is the new project of multi-instrumentalist Ryan Parrish (Mammoth Grinder, Iron Reagan, etc.) that seeks to explore everything from drone and metal to free jazz and percussion-heavy madness. We're premiering the project's new single "Dark Thunder," whose runtime leans very heavily into the "percussion-heavy madness" aspect of the project.
Alongside Parrish, the single features floor toms played by:
- Robley Ball (Death Crown)
- T.J. Childress (Inter Arma)
- Alex Copeland (Under Attack)
- Bram Crowe-Getty
- Richard Gibson
- Jason Hodges (Suppression, Bermuda Triangles)
- Erik Josephson (He-Wolf)
- Erik Larson (AVAIL, Thunderchief)
- Jon Rice (Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats)
- Johnny Ward (Arkaics, pg99)
- Brandon Whittaker (Occultist, Unmaker)
- Dave Witte (Municipal Waste, Discordance Axis)
- Ryan Wolfe (Windhand)
- Lander Salzberg on triangle
"Living in a city where amazing drummers litter the streets it was only natural to summon them to the studio to lay something down," said Parrish. "Fourteen maniacs showed up with floor toms, each with their own unique style and personality. I didn't want to direct anyone on what to play so after showing them my initial idea the rest was open to their interpretation, and in the end we created exactly what you hear; DARK THUNDER…"
Pax Aeternum will release Slow Burning Rage on December 17. Pre-orders are available here.